Kia Ora e te iwi (KOETI)
The KOETI programme is a kaupapa Maori adaptation of the Cancer Society Living Well Programme. It is for Maori whanau affected by cancer whether they are the patient or support person.
Sessions are delivered by trained facilitators who have a manual that sets out the structure of the programme.
The KOETI programme aims to help Maori with cancer and their whanau to:
- have confidence to discuss common concerns in a safe setting
- increase their knowledge of cancer and its treatments
- increase their knowledge of oncology services
- develop the confidence to ask questions and learn from each other
- build on coping skills - practical, emotional and spiritual
- learn about support options available, and plan for the future.
MCN works in partnership with the Waikato/BOP and Tairawhiti Cancer Societies, local DHBs and Maori Health Providers with the aim to facilitate running one KOETI programme per DHB per annum.