MCN and Waikato Post-Menopausal Bleeding and Endometrial Cancer Service Improvement Project
Purpose: To improve the management and timeliness of access to services for Waikato women with post-menopausal (PMB) and endometrial cancer.
Timeframe: 1 October 2015 – 30 November 2016.
1. map and identify the delays in the current pathway
2. implement solutions to improve timely access
3. update the map of medicine PMB and endometrial cancer pathways
4. explore the feasibility to undertake diagnostic work in the community
5. improve the health literacy resources for women
6. develop key performance indicators to measure and monitor wait times along the pathway.
Project Sponsor: Di Peers (until 29/1/16); Lorraine Reid, Acting Director Womens Health
Clinical Lead: Dr Tony Stock, Clinical Unit Leader, Womens Health Waikato DHB
Project managers: Jeweleigh Bates and Brenda Wills Midland Cancer Network
· Patient information resource - Gynaecological Problems / Mātai āhuatanga wahine